Saturday, February 11, 2006

Birthday Recap

Just thought I'd drop a bit of a note regarding my 34th birthday yesterday (February 10th).

No, I didn't get a pony. Dammit.

However, the day started very nicely with my friend Lee checking in from Arizona to wish me good tidings, an email from Lisa out in Georgia and a text message from Matt here in the Bay area. Luis surprised me at 12am with a new flat-panel monitor for my computer, which I'm beyond happy with. I've been wanting one of these for umpteen ages. Now, I can finally return the monitor I borrowed to the guy who loaned it to me almost a year ago.

Luis and I ran some errands, but otherwise just spent a really peaceful day hanging out. At night, we went to Bubba Gump's for my birthday dinner. It's sort of a tradition for me to go there every year, and I really need to try and get there more often. Some of the best food anywhere and the customer service is beyond excellent.

I called my parents around 7:30pm because I hadn't heard from them all day, and thanked them for the $50 Old Navy gift card which I'm going to use in a pretty big hurry. I can do some serious damage with that.

After dinner, it was back to the apartment for cake slices and a birthday candle wish. Last year I wished for a wonderful guy to enter my life and hey...I got Luis! We'll see how I do in the wish-come-true department this year.

And no, I didn't wish for a pony.

No comments: