Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Date Has Been Set!

Mark your calendars, boys and girls (and those of you who aren't sure). Luis and I have decided to have our commitment ceremony on June 30th. The location of the ceremony and the reception have yet to be decided, but we're working on it.

Luis has finally given in to my pestering him to wear a tuxedo for the ceremony. Woohoo! He's going to look great in a tux.

So far, the colors we've chosen will be silver and black. Wedding bands are a whole other issue at the moment, as we're trying to get the money together and decide on a design that we both like.

Due to recent negative developments with my parents, they won't be invited...nor will I be mentioning it to them. They've expressed their opinions that they can't handle any type of romantic affection between two men, and I'm pretty much supposed to edit my conversations with them so as not to offend. I'd rather just have people be a part of a happy celebration that actually want to be there.

More news on the ceremony as the plans continue developing.....


No comments: