Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dilemna

So...I've got a real humdinger of a decision on my hands....

I have the opportunity to become a District Manager In Training. This is something I've pretty much wanted my entire damn retail life. After all, who wants to be a store manager their whole life?

The problem comes in that the job would essentially require me to be on the road five days a week, and only home on weekends. This means I would only get to see my man a couple of days a week. There is no guaranteed end to the program, either...you essentially have to wait until a District Manager position opens somewhere, apply for it and then hope you get it.

On the one hand, it's a great opportunity. On the other, I've actually had nightmares about being away from Luis for so long, and in the nightmares I just cry and cry. I can't imagine not being with him, even if the end result is positive.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Boy...that is a real humdinger. I don't know what to tell you. You just have to go with your gut. If it were me I would be fine with leaving Thomas for most of the week (but then again we've been together longer then you and Luis) but I would have major issues leaving the kids. What does Luis think about it? You didn't say.

Good luck with your decision. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.