Thursday, March 02, 2006

Another S**tty Former Employee

Well, this one actually requires a little bit of history soooo....

When I took over this particular store, it was in a REALLY sorry state. Orders were hopelessly backlogged, the place was a mess, etc.. The previous manager and assistant manager had quit, but had basically hung out for the last month or two they were there and allowed the store to run itself into the ground. Only through the hard work of two other managers who came in to help out, plus myself and my team, were we able to get this store back in order and making money again.

The previous assistant was named "V" (hey, I try not to mention actual names here if I can help it). She had given notice, but was pretty much asked to leave since there were many unethical things happening in the store while she was running the place, along with some suspicious activity in the way customers were constantly being overcharged so that V and the manager would make their bonuses. They would also send returns to a nearby store so they wouldn't have to take the hit, although they got caught for that one.

At the same time they were running this place, the lead framer named "J" and the assistant framer "A" were busy screwing up orders left and right in the frame shop and carrying on with each other...if you know what I mean. We spent months trying to clean up their messes.

Last night, apparently V and A came into my store to visit with one of my leads and to see how things were going. Now V no longer works for the company, but A works at another location. For some reason, A took it upon herself to allow V to go into the frame shop, where V decided to post the following message on our board:



Now maybe it's just me, but what business does this former employee have a) coming in my backroom and b) leaving me snotty notes like this on the board? I don't even know her! The amusing part is that we are already making our number, so it's an immature and petty little thing to do.

Then, J called today asking if he could have a part-time position framing at our store again. I believe the term is "not on your friggin' life," but I was a bit more diplomatic. I also called the manager of A's store and told him I didn't want her anywhere near my store again, especially if she was going to let non-employees in my breakroom.

So I was of two camps on this one. One, I was really pissed off that some snotty, immature former employee I've never met would come in and do something so petty. Two....damn, my Nokia 6230 takes one helluva good picture for a cameraphone. Does even better than my regular camera. How about that? Who knew?

No comments: