Friday, March 03, 2006

FOLLOWUP: When Good Employees Go Bad

Here's an amusing one for you....

Those who read my blog saw a couple days ago where I posted regarding "H" quitting and giving no notice. Now, it seems she's living in fear of running into me. She text messaged my assistant manager because she wanted to see if he was working since she had something to pick up in the store. When he told her he was off, she decided to not come in because she was "afraid of running into" me.

Afraid? Of what? That I'm going to hit her or something? Banish her to the Netherworld? Hey, she dug her own grave, burned her own bridge and built whatever other cliche you want to throw in here.

Needless to say, I've made it clear that the only person that can give her the final check due her is me. So, if she wants her money, she's going to have to deal with me after all.

Just think, all of this could have been avoided if she had just been professional and said "I'd like to give you one week's notice that I'm quitting." Oh yeah....and not being a twit to my District Manager. She's young, and maybe she'll actually learn in time.

No comments: