Sunday, February 25, 2007

Penguins Win Two Years In A Row

For those who are keeping score, we now have at least two films that have won Oscars that feature penguins. Last year's winner for Best Documentary was March Of The Penguins and this year's Best Animated Film was Happy Feet. I predict that 2007 will indeed be another big year for penguins.

I was very surprised to see that Pan's Labyrinth had been nominated for Best Foreign Film instead of Best Picture, and I found that disappointing. However, watching Melissa Etheridge win for Best Song, kiss her wife and actually refer to her as her wife onstage more than made up for any disappointment I might have had.

The Departed wins Best Picture and Best Director. I can't wait to hear the backlash from the gay community tomorrow. I remember when this film came out how outraged everybody was about Mark Wahlberg's character using gay slurs through most of the movie. Sigh. It's a MOVIE folks...some people really DO talk like that.

No comments: