Sunday, April 29, 2007

"Computer Error"

So after reminding my company that cutting off the health insurance for Luis was completely illegal, I got a follow-up phone call mighty quickly from the Benefits Department at home office. It seems the whole thing was 'computer error.' They were switching over systems, and some files didn't get sent correctly to Kaiser. Of course, they caught the error and everything is fine. In fact, they caught it back on April 11th and he's definitely covered.

Wow...I almost believed them. Too bad the letter canceling Luis' insurance is dated after April 11th. Guess that blows a big hole in their story.

At any rate, I struck another blow for domestic partners everywhere. Well, at least in California.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I knew there had to be some mistake. Corporations aren't that stupid right now. Or are they? At any rate I'm glad that you got it worked out.

M. C. Henry said...

This isn't a computer error. I made an account here, to mirror my LJ feed. http://leblaireaubougon.blogspot.com/

I'm going to experiment with a public journal again, away from the circus on Livejournal. ;)