Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sleeeeeep.....Sleeeeeep

OK, so it's no secret that I absolutely can't sleep at night. When I was on tour, nobody wanted to share a room with me because I snored so bad (when I lived with my friend Sue, it's amazing she didn't come in at night and try to smother me with a pillow). It's kind of funny that my hubby claims he can't sleep at night UNLESS he hears me snoring.

At any rate, I'm the type that wakes up a million times a night. The other day, while walking through Whole Foods Supermarket (a chain that specializes in organic foods and all-natural remedies), I came across the following product:




Now, I'm dubious at best about 'all natural, herbal remedies.' However, I decided what the hell and took it home. That night, two squirts on the tongue (of the Rescue Sleep, that is) and I went to bed. AND SLEPT ALL THE WAY THROUGH! No hangover, no nothing. Tried it again a couple of nights later and once again slept all the way through. Recommended it to a co-worker who tried it and....SHE slept all the way through.

According to the website for the company, it's basically a shot of a flower garden. I kind of cracked up over the flower for 'irrational thoughts.' Wow.....there's a flower I oughta try more often.

So, I have absolutely no idea why it works...but it does. And no, it has virtually no alcohol in it, and the only alcohol in it is to get the flower juice into your bloodstream quickly. This ain't Nyquil.

I guess maybe it goes to show that sometimes the oldest remedies are better than anything a lab can cook up over a Bunsen burner. Makes me darn happy, though, to sleep all the way through the night.

No comments: