Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Damn!

My boss decided to quit yesterday, giving absolutely no notice. I talked to her briefly today, and she gave me her reasons. I won't go into them here, but they certainly seem valid and make me question a little bit about continuing on with the company. I was REALLY fiercely loyal to her...she was hands-down one of the best bosses I've ever had. Who knows what the next one is going to be like?

I also have been wanting to move up to a District-Manager-In-Training position. Today, I found out that a mandatory part of this process is that I have to be willing to travel to different regions and help manage several stores for a few months at a time. I don't think I'd really mind this...if I was single. However, the thought of leaving my hubby behind and only getting to see him a couple of times a week is really awful. So do I make the sacrifice with the idea that it MIGHT pay off one day in a DM position, or do I put more emphasis on my relationship and know that I'll be stuck as a store manager for a long time to come?

Sigh.

No comments: