Sunday, April 22, 2007

Furious!

I received a letter on Saturday that informed me that Kaiser Permanente HMO was canceling my husband's health insurance PER THE INSTRUCTIONS OF MY EMPLOYER! Oh yeah....this was effective MARCH 17TH! Absolutely no notice from my company to me, and no explanation given. I jumped through hoops to get him the medical in the first place, mostly through a loophole because we are registered domestic partners here in California and he is automatically entitled under Kaiser. We even had to submit copies of our domestic partner registry to my home office.

They also have continued to deduct money from my paycheck for the last month for coverage for two people, not one.

I am BEYOND furious. I realize they don't have a domestic partner benefits program (oh yeah, but they DO have common-law...go figure) but to cancel coverage without any notification to me, which is required in writing by law and not after the fact, is seriously illegal. My District Manager is going to talk to the head of HR. Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Jeez!!!! That really sucks! I hope they get it worked out for you.